Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy 12th Birthday, Logan!!!!!!!

 


I thought taking a picture of Logan at the computer was an appropriate picture today. He is often found here instant messaging his buddies. Logan's day started off with a special breakfast out to eat with his dad and his grandparents. Barry had to go out of town until Saturday, so he wanted to have time with Logan before he left.

Let's see...what I was doing 12 years ago....Well, we were living in Bloomington and I was teaching Special Ed. in Pontiac. I had to take off on April 10 because I was having trouble with the pregnancy. I was induced at 37.5 weeks at midnight and he was born at 3:46 pm. Logan Joseph was 8 pounds at birth and was so squishy and adorable and he was a perfect 10 on the Apgar Score. I don't think his daddy stopped smiling for over a week. What a day it was! We had a long pregnancy with bleeding and complications after having a miscarriage before Logan. It was an ok birth, but I did get a fever afterwards. I remember the dr. saying that the baby wasn't progressing and if I didn't push harder that she would use forceps. NOPE...then he came out. My parents and Barry's parents came right up to Bloomington that night to see their new grandson. It was a great day. He was a wonderful baby and slept so well. We had no complaints!

Fast forward 12 years and WOW....time sure does go fast. It sure has been a rollercoaster ride with Logan every step of the way and parenting such a gifted child has brought both challenges and great joy. It has been especially fun during this last year to see how he is becoming a teenager. He is always a little bit ahead of the game and has been a teen for a while now. Hee hee.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: