Thursday, October 29, 2009

Misc

Whew! What a whirlwind of a couple weeks here. We are finally over the whole Influenza A/h1n1 stuff here! Brandon had gotten sick on our trip, but then mended quickly. Then Logan got it. He was a mess, then Brandon got worse and then Anna. The boys ended up on breathing treatments and tons of other meds. Anna had the Influenza A, too, but fared the best. She had the high fever, but she was put on Tamiflu right away and got better pretty quickly. Logan missed 7 days of school and was just aweful! Barry and I were basically fine since we took the Tamiflu. I started coughing a lot, but that stuff really works!

So, my time was spent with sick kids, a ton of dr. appointments and not really good sleep for 2 weeks. Because I am really crazy, I decided that I couldn't stand the ugly floral wallpaper any longer in the entry, dining and butler pantry. It was just bad and I had had enough. So, Brandon and I started ripping it off. it was a terrible job, but I couldn't complain since I did it! Plus, I knew that all of the sore fingers, sore back, etc. would soooo be worth it! Brandon and Anna helped as they felt good here and there and Logan did not. He was miserable and was being a teenager anyway, so......
Barry couldn't believed I started on this project, but I was stuck at home with sickies, so I thought it would be a good distraction and a great time to do it. Barry helped a ton, as he decided it would be nice to speed the project along. It took me peeling and ripping off the paper and trimming some. Barry painted last weekend and it looks great! The den is still a mess and ready to be painted, etc. now! It feels so much better with all of the flowers gone. The rooms look so much bigger, better and cleaning looking without all that distraction.

I will removing border and painting the laundry room sometime and the main level bathroom will be painted in January and the wallpaper border removed,too! BUSY!

We made Halloween cookies a couple days ago. I got a little bitty camera that I have been trying out, so it was fun to try to use!

No comments: