Friday, March 13, 2009

House for sale

Our house has had a for sale sign for a couple of days. I really hate this part. Keeping the house constantly clean and tidy. Drives me nuts since Anna and I are home most days and she is a little tornado. The boys are pretty good, though, and Barry is pretty helpful. With that said, it takes about an hour after they all leave to get the house "ready" for the day. We have had 4 showings so far since it was listed on Tuesday. A couple are, of course, at the dinner hour, so that just really complicates things. It is all just part of this little game of buying and selling. The homeowner from the house we want to buy is being difficult. He wants no contingencies and wants a firm offer. Not sure what planet he lives in, but Barry doesn't want 2 mortgages, so we have to try and sell our house and hope that the other is still available. If it sells first, I am not sure what we will do. I can't take much more of this. I have had enough of looking at houses and not finding agreeable people to buy from.I just want all this to be over. I am not sleeping well and just feel icky all the time because of my stomach.

Our realtor is having an Open House here on Sunday and so is the house we are hoping to buy. Let's hope we get some takers...and that they don't!

1 comment:

Sara F. said...

Good luck with your house buying/selling! I'm sure it will all work out for you. I would love to have a different house, but the very thought of moving and going through the whole process makes me gag. So we will be here a very long time. Our small mortgage doesn't hurt either!