Friday, February 25, 2011

Anna turns 7!

Anna had a great birthday week of celebrations! It is fun being 7! Anna is such a sweet young girl. She is kind and caring and it is incredibly hard to believe that she is seven! Sometimes it is hard when I think of how she was alone in an orphanage for her first 14 months and that I was not there when she was born or for her first birthday. She has been asking a lot of questions lately and has been talking about birthparents and their role in all of this. She is such a smart little girl. She will get out books about China adoption and has been reading them. She knows I cry every time and she thinks it is so funny. LOL! I am always one to tear up, but I want Anna to be comfortable reading those books and asking questions. One night she was sad and said she missed China. I had to explain to her that she missed the idea of China and that is because she cannot remember it or anything about it. I am always positive in my talks about China, but I do not sugar coat the discussions either. I can't add or embelish the situation. It is what it is and this it is how we became to be her forever family. We will hopefully visit China someday when we are all ready to take it all in.

You can click on the pictures to enlarge them and be sure to click on the video, too!

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a scrapbook

No comments: