Monday, March 31, 2008

3 Years ago yesterday.....

Barry, Dad and I headed for China to meet Anna and bring her home to her forever family! I love this time of year as Spring begins and the flowers start to bloom. Three years ago, our littlest flower came home to "bloom", too. I wanted to post what we did in China daily on this blog because I am not sure if our other site will be up much longer with the change in service here. So, indulge me while I recreate the China trip here.
 

Here is the plane we took over to Hong Kong. It is huge, except for the seats.
 

Yes folks, that's China down there.
 

 



I just had to take a picture of these guys. The different shuttle services have their employees where blazers to signify which company they work for. The company we used had the Illini orange blazers, must be a good sign for the upcoming game.

Day 1 - March 30-31, 2005

Man what a flight. We got out of O'Hare airport without any problems (where we saw Chris Berman of ESPN getting off of a plane), but that flight to Hong Kong is LONG. Fourteen hours long. Joe and I started a cribbage tournament to last the entire trip. After the first day, I am up 12-3 (with 2 skunks). The meals on the flight weren't too bad. Not much leg room, especially for me. Jennifer and Joe got up and walked around quite a bit. The view from the plane was pretty cool, especially over Siberia. Now I know why the Russians used to send people they didn't like out there. It was nothing but mountains, snow, and frozen rivers. We are now in our hotel room in Hong Kong and are getting ready to settle down for the night. We will be adding some pictures to this page in the morning (our morning). Joe's surge protector blew up when he plugged it in the wall in the hotel.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: