Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Almost school time





The kids and I just seemed to be getting the hang of Summer Vacation and now it is over. Seriously. Between the boys being out of commision some with their warts coming off and Anna's pre-surgery, surgery and post surgery, we felt like Summer started on July 17 when Anna was cleared from her doctor. I am usually ready for the kids to go back to school because of the boys' fighting. Lately, though...DO I DARE SAY THIS????....they hvae been getting along!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been seeing glimpses of hope. WOW....never thought I would say that. IF it is just us and we are home, things have been going great with all the kids. Add something else to the stew pot and it isn't so good. Brandon enjoyed a playdate with his buddy, Nick, recently, and they also had a couple of their friends...girls!....come over that live in our neighborhood. They are getting that gitty "I like so and so", and I am not ready for that.

Logan enjoyed the last of his Zoo camp and loved every minute of it. We celebrated the end of it with a few that went and had a picnic last Friday.

We also had to finish off the summer with our local carnival. Logan and I sold Snow Cones for Boy Scouts for 9 hours last weekend.

THE CAT picture....We are not pet people! I am allergic to anything with fur and really have NO love for animals that touch me. We like fish! Anyway....a cat started coming around a few months ago and we ingnored it. Well, one day, I had a weak moment and I gave it milk. A few days later a friend gave us cat food to give it. So, there you have it. It adopted us! It will NEVER come into our home, though, with our allergies. I had been feeling sorry for Brandon not having our neighbor's twins around to play with and B was so sad all summer over it all. It was just pitiful to see him mope around. We all desperately miss you Hamby's!

Speaking of the neighbor's moving....Met the new neighbor's that bought the Hamby House. They are from New York and have 3 kids. They seem very nice. We can't wait to see the Hamby's again, though! Anna still doesn't quite understand why other people are living in Ike and Ava's house.

I LOVE my hubby. He has been doing some things off my mental "honey do" list. I have wanted landscaping done around our deck for the last 8 years. Barry got in the mood to do it and I RAN with that. Our drive is complete and the white concrete is blinding. Looks so nice! Barry had to do more landscaping things in around the area where some concrete was put in, so we still need to finish that. Last night the neighbor's son-in-law came and laid down some sod. So, we are getting there! Thanks, Barry!

No comments: