Monday, August 04, 2008

Schmidt Reunion

Saturday we headed up to the Quad Cities for the Schmidt Reunion. We got a chance to see many relatives in two days. Barry's dad was one of 11 children and six are still living. That seems amazing to me. We also got a chance to see Barry's relatives that are on the other side of the family, too. On Sunday we checked out of the hotel and the boys were just dying to go to Larry's pond and fish or shoot the guns. I know it is a rite of passage that all little boys must shoot a rifle or something in their lifetime. Well, I have to admit...I shot a 22 caliber rifle and had a blast hitting the clay pigeons. I was pretty darn good, too! Logan had a blast. Brandon, my little sensory guy, did not have too much fun. He is so bothered by loud noises and it was as if he was sick to his stomach and had a headache. His hearing has always been off the charts and loud movies and noises just bother him....much like being on a ferry boat does me!

Uncle Bernard still lives in the house that he grew up in, so I wanted to add some pictures of where Larry grew up.

No comments: