Friday, June 15, 2007

Flag Retirement Ceremony, etc.

I guess I never really had any idea about how to retire an old American Flag or even given that much thought. Flags that are tattered and torn are to be burned in a proper ceremony. I will have to write more about it all later, but I wanted to share some pictures from the Scout United States Flag Retirement Ceremony that Logan was part of last night. Logan will be leaving on Sunday for Boy Scout Camp...Father's Day...and returning next Saturday. Seems strange that he will be gone for so long!Of course I will worry, but we will be visiting him on Wednesday for Family Night. The camp is about 1.5 hours or so away. I am sure that he will have fun and he knows a few of the kids going, too, from his Troop.

Here are the pics from last night.

No comments: