Friday, October 12, 2007

YIPPEEE! NO CAVITIES!


I am still in shock! Brandon and Anna went to the dentist for check ups this week and neither one had any cavities! Logan went a couple months ago and was not so lucky! I was mostly shocked at Brandon. He was unlucky enough to inherit poor teeth from me! I have spent too many hours and too much money on my teeth. The latest was 2 crowns and one root canal. Of course those both started out as such minor things and got worse. Brandon has had 5 crowns and 2 pulpotomies on his teeth (baby root canal). And Anna...well, I guess I just have no idea what to expect. She still sucks her fingers, so I am sure we are in for braces in our future. Plus, I would imagine that there was not a lot of prenatal care with her, little flouride, and spending 14 months in an orphanage could not have helped her teeth a whole lot. Bottles were given to the babies and often left in the crib for who knows how long, causing decay of teeth. Other little ones in our travel group have had some icky dental work, so we just have no idea what to expect. But...could it be???? GOOD TEETH??? We brush daily, of course, and both floss, too. Plus they get extra flouride in the Prevident Tooth Paste. YIPPEEEE...no cavities! Aunt Elaine, who is a hygienist, would be proud!

No comments: