Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lovely Week here

For the record...I am never sick and never go to doctors!

It all started a week ago. We were getting TONS of rain here and Barry was in the crawl space. I was saying goodbye on my way to a preschool meeting and I CRACKED my head bigtime. It was so loud. Left no bump and I was on my way. Well, since then I have had an annoying headache that won't stop or quit. Since I was going into the hospital for an endoscopy today, I had a CT scan yesterday. No concussion and they think that the headache might be a small migraine that isn't going full blown. It is just annoying.

Today was the endoscopy. A couple of weeks ago I had a barium swallow test. It revealed that I had a hiatal hernia and a Schatzki ring. Ok...whatever that means. Food was getting stuck for about 18 months, at times. Mostly things like bread and meat. Now we no why. That ring thing had caused a narrowing of the esophagus and was causing the problem. So, things went well today and a balloon thing was inserted to dialate the area and lessen the choking.

And that is our medical lesson for the day. Barry has been off today and very helpful around here. I was unable to drive or use a stove (that is what they said). Funny. Trust me, there is no way I would have driven today!

Now...on to the rest of the week and Valentine's Day and Anna's birthday is Sunday! We do a big treasure hunt for Valentine's day and the boys are already excited about that!

1 comment:

The Wrights said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough week!!
Maybe being silly will help you...I Tagged you....see my blog....I hope you don't hate me!
Christie
http://thewrights4.blogspot.com/