Saturday, April 12, 2008

Various and Korea Bound!

Took the boys to their physicals yesterday. Interesting and as detailed as Anna's. Brandon told the Dr. he was "in puberty" right now because his voice was cracking some. He is almost 9! She chuckled and after the exam, she said "Well, sorry, Brandon. You are not in puberty, but your brother is starting puberty now. " Brandon was disappointed and Logan had the look that he wanted to die of embarrassment.

Surprisingly, Brandon's bloodwork showed a borderline high cholesterol. He doesn't eat all that healthy and we have tried to get him to eat better. Now he will have to. Maybe Anna can sway him to the healthy side! He is a skinny little guy,but is growing. His blood pressure was also higher than the doctor would like.

Well, Stacy is coming over today to talk about S. KOREA! She asked me to go with her as she brings home Mason. I will be helping her and be her resident photographer, of course. She gracioulsy offered to pay for my airfare, so I hope I can live up to my job!

I created a blog at the right, so you can click on Meeting Mason and we will post to it while in Korea. She is waiting on Mason's VISA and as usual, there are problems with things in "adoption land". You are always waiting on something and then someone at these govt. offices screws something up. Her VISA stuff for Max somehow ended up in China, not Korea! So, we wait. I told Stacy I need to be home from Korea by May 20 when the kids get out of school. Plus, we leave for Gulf Shores a week later!

We have NO idea and when we would travel and it is hard when adopting and being out of control of things. I remember it well! It is interesting being on the other side of the fence now. You are at their mercy. So, we wait. We are hoping for the first or second week of May. At least we have followed a few Lifelink travels to Korea,so now I need to go back and read them again to figure out where we will be and what we will do. I need to investigate the siteseeing that we will do for 2 days. I guess I am the "Cruise Director". And I can't wait to hold those babies in the nursery like Jill and Angie did. Wooo hoo..... We will be staying in Seoul and will probably be gone a Thursday to a Monday.

Stacy is a nurse and she and her hubby have a beautiful daughter, Marissa, who is 9. I have warned her to keep Marissa away from Brandon. We have gotten together a few times and they have come swimming at my in-laws. Ironically, Stacy was my father-in-law's nurse as he was on his way to his lung surgery in Feb. 2007.

No comments: