Saturday, May 10, 2008

Poor Little Punkin, etc.

Anna is sick. Poor thing. She has a high fever and a throat infection. The first test for STREP was negative, so we had to go to the hospital for the second test. I always wonder why they do that. She is on an antibiotic regardless, so it seems pointless to even have the second test. I guess it is good to just "know" what is actually wrong.

This week was teacher appreciation week. We are so lucky to live in such a wonderful school district. This is Brandon's last year at the Elementary School and I am sad about that. Plus I hate to see 4th graders at the BIG school. The Principal is wonderful and this is the school that I sub at the most. This principal just has a way with the students and teachers. All of the teachers get along and work as a team. It is the best! I can't really say that about the other Grade School, but I don't have a child there. The mood in that school is completely different when you work there and I really don't feel like the teachers are a cohesive unit like at Brandon's school. I do love the Special Ed room there, though. It will be different subbing at the school next year while not having a child there.

Anyway...Brandon has Mrs. Brown and Logan also had her the year we went to China. She is wonderful. Yesterday the boys went in and sang "I Can Only Imagine" for her and also the music teacher and Brandon's Social Studies teacher. I couldn't go since I was at the dr. with Anna, but my parents said that they did a wonderful job and that the teachers were in tears. It is just so nice having wonderful teachers for our children. They work hard there and always go the extra mile to make learning an adventure. I am sooo sad that Mrs. Brown will retire the year before Anna will be in 3rd Grade! I saw her last night at Walmart and she said how thrilled she was to see Logan and Brandon sing.

This was the first year, however, that I have even remotely been disappointed with a teacher in our district. Logan is in 6th grade and something changed this year. Logan had his first male teacher and for some reason there seemed to be no life in this classroom for the entire year. My mom and my mother in law warned me after going to the school for Grandparents day. They have never had a bad thing to say about the classrooms or teachers here either. There has been little science and Logan just hasn't enjoyed school while in this classroom. It is like they are all statues. Makes me very sad because I LOVE our schools here. My dad taught Physical Science in this district at the jr. high level for 34 years and he definately brought life to his classroom and a love for learning.

I haven't complained or anything. It is hard to go in and complain when your child gets all A's in the classes and doesn't cause problems. Well, he does get a B in Pre-Algebra, but he is taking that class a year early. Logan was able to go out of the class for Pre-Al, Social Studies (with another male teacher who LOVES with job),PE, Gifted and Chorus, so he really isn't in there that much, but..... It still makes me sad that his year went like this. Logan has a wonderful music teacher, though. She is the best! My boys have always been blessed with great music teachers at school and church!

Ok...enough rambling. Please say some prayers for little Anna to heal quickly.

No comments: