Thursday, January 31, 2008

3 Years Ago today......


I was going nuts. I knew that the China referrals were here from our agency and that my friends Jill and Robin had already gotten their calls! I received the most wonderful phone call! All were were told was this.....

A baby girl was waiting in Guiping City, Guangxi, China.
She was born Feb.17, 2004 and her name was JIN YAN YI! That is about all we knew for the next couple of days.

We were logged into the China CCAA on Aug. 17, 2004 and we waited just 5.5 months for the referral. Sad since today, people are waiting over 2 years.

So, that is that. We got three pictures of JIN YAN YI a couple of days later, as well as the medical reports and other information. We were then asked by Lifelink if we were going to accept the referral of this sweet little baby that China had chosen for our family. Of course we did and we gave her the name Anna YanYi. Anna was just 11.5 months old then and we had to wait 2 more months until we left for China to get her.

Hard to believe that it has been 3 years. After the phone call, I called Barry through my tears....I set the video camera up so Barry could see the call. Then I called Michelle and told her about the baby. We knew almost all of our travel group at this time from our online group, so we were all so excited to get our calls and share the news with each other.

No comments: