Thursday, January 24, 2008

JURY DUTY!

Well, my 3 days of Jury Duty are over. Didn't really do too much there. I got called into the Jury Box one time to answer questions, but didn't get picked for the case. SO, today, when the computer didn't pull my name out, I got to go home. It was a pain,though, to set up people to watch Anna and shuffle the kids to and from things, so I am glad to not have to go in there tomorrow! I am safe for at least another 3 years! At least I knew some people there to talk with, which is probably why I didn't get picked. Out of 14 people in the Jury Box for questioning, I knew two people. So, I got my BIG check....$10 a day plus mileage! Give me a break. So, I got a whopping $34.20. I am not sure where they buy gas, but I am pretty sure that it cost me more than $4.20 to drive in and out of town!

2 comments:

Our Life As A Family said...

Glad you're done!

Didn't you do Jury duty once before..I have never been called.

Ang

Jennifer said...

Nope...I got called for this past Aug and got out of it since my mom had just had a hysterectomy and couldn't help.