Saturday, January 12, 2008

WEBKINZ!




If you want to know anything about Webkinz just ask a third grader....at least MY third grader. I think that the Webkinz have temporarily taken over my almost 9 year old son's brain. He is hooked! Big Time! Hooked? Or Obsessed? Definately obsessed! These are furry little creatures that you buy at Hallmark stores that come with this magic code. You take the code and log onto the Official Webkinz Website to "adopt" your furry little friend and uleash the entire new world of Webkinz.....or as we say.....the madness. Brandon hardly goes one sentence without mentioning these things. For him, he doesn't even necessily need to always be playing the games, but he carries ALL of these furry creatures around the house at all times. He has always loved stuffed animals. I am sure that someday we will be onto a new phase, but for now, in the eyes of my third grader, it is ALL about the Webkinz World!

When I was a preteen, I was sooooo into SMURFS. I have a TON and looked forward to going to Spencer's at the mall and getting more. Barry was into them to and his sister would often bring them back for him when she came home from college. My nieces were HUGE into the whole beanie baby phase and my boys have had their share of those, too. I am wondering when a webkinz cartoon will be made for TV!

1 comment:

Our Life As A Family said...

OMG...I am addicted to these things too!!!!!!!! Emma got one for xmas...a strange gift for a 3 year old I know...but I am addicted to them now!

I can see how easily it can be for kids to become obsessed with these little friends!

Lord help us all!

Angie