Saturday, November 01, 2008

My vote for Pres...my hubby!

I don't usually write stuff like this, but I am darn proud of my hubby! Plus...nobody in my town really reads this blog. It is not a secret or anything, we just usually don't share "job" stuff. Barry has been interviewing for a job at his Credit Union for months and sweating over it. He has also lost hours of thinking about it in terms of what he would do with his career if he didn't get the job. The current President at the Credit Union retires in March and Barry got the job! Way to go, Barry! He has worked at the Credit Union for 16 years and I am so proud of him. The bad part was that a good friend of ours that we have known forever did not get the job. She is a hard worker, too, and I hope she can stay there for the long haul with Barry since they make a good team.

We know nothing else. He hasn't even signed the contract yet since they are still writing it. The Credit Union has 4 branches and he has worked at 3 of the 4 throughout his career there in various jobs. He will most likely stay at the building he is currently in.

Anyway...like I said...I am not one to brag and write stuff about jobs, but WAY TO GO, BARRY! You have worked so hard to get to where you are.

On a side note...I got a little job, too, when Anna goes to school. I have been asked countless times to work for our district in Special. Ed. and I have always continued to sub, saying that they can have me when Anna goes to school. Well, I really don't want full time teaching again, but have enjoyed the thought of 1/2 time or less. LOL! The head of the Special Ed has always said to let him know when I want to work on a regular basis. That is nice to know. I grew up here and my dad taught here for 34 years. And now we know that Barry and I will never leave here, so I am glad to know that I can work if I choose to in the future.

The Special Ed teacher is having a baby and wants me to do a maternity leave for a couple months when school starts, even though her baby is due late May or so. I told her I would do it IF I could share that leave with another gal that subs when I can't. This will give me some time to myself and not go nuts subbing each day. And maybe it will help Anna knowing that I am there each week some, too, as she starts kindergarten. She always says how I will be "OK" when she goes to kindergarten because I teach at that school and can have lunch with her while I am there. I really don't think I am ready to go into work daily, so this sounds great. I have started the year in this room before for 13 days a couple years ago and been in there a zillion other times, so it will hard work, but fun, too.

1 comment:

Michelle Miller said...

Barry -- CONGRATULATIONS from the Miller family!!! We are very proud of you and were thrilled to hear the big news!!! Like Jen said ... WAY TO GO!!!

Michelle