Tuesday, June 16, 2015

This one's for you, Tina!!!


Our day started off with breakfast at the hotel. They have a huge breakfast area with many choices.

At 8am we met our Green Group to head out for the day. Eric talked to us on the bus and each of the thirteen girls in the Green group gave an introduction about themselves and their family. Green group is the youngest. The oldest girls are 12 and many of the others are much younger. One single mom is here with a few family of her family members. She has a daughter from Anna's Province of Guagxi who is 9 and her other daughter is 3.
Our first stop was a Jade Factory. We learned the colors of Jade and how to tell the quality.

The next stop was the Great Wall of China!! Bucket list item!! Check that baby off!! I have waited my whole life to stand on the wall and well, I didn't die climbing it. Wowsa!!!  The phone said we climbed the equivalent of 23 floors. Barry


 and Anna climbed more! I made it to the second area and they kept going. 

Anna does not sweat! She went up and down the Great Wall and never broke a sweat!! I realize she weighs 57 pounds on a good day, but it is very hot here and it rarely phases her.










So....we did it! Why did I name this post " This is for you, Tina"? Well, I lost a dear friend to ovarian cancer and Anna and I have participated in a local cancer walk for her. We will be in China during the COME TOGETHER walk this year. Anna said "Today we walk for Tina since we will miss the walk" 
Tina probably would have told be to stop mid way as she would have said she didn't want to meet me again so soon. ;) it was pretty darn steep and the steps seemed to go on and on forever and ever! But...I did it. I also said prayers for those in their fight right now that I have gotten to know in the adoption community....Addison and Christie. Cancer is vicious, but please know that there are people praying for you daily. 

2 comments:

The Tremont Scott's said...

Love the chance to relive our trip through your blog! Enjoy every moment!

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking us all along on your trip. Love seeing all the beautiful pics of China and of course beautiful Anna!