Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Almost there

Left the car at Heidi and Jim’s in Germantown Hills and met up with all the lovely folks from Crossroads United Methodist Church in Washington, IL around 8:45am. Our group has 38 people here and Educational Opportunities is the tour company we booked with. I even saw Carol Cox heading into Bible Study. Took a few church vans to O’Hare and got settled in. Michelle and Jo were waiting for us and ready to be part of the group now. Lufthansa didn’t like most of our small carry on suitcases so we are really praying that ALL bags arrive. Luckily I have a backpack with the snacks and iPad, etc!  ðŸ˜‚ We got through security just fine. Thank you TSA pre! And I have a nice window seat next to some young college guys from Concordia. I don’t usually sleep on planes, so fingers crossed I can catch some ðŸ’¤ðŸ’¤ðŸ’¤. We fly 8 hrs to Frankfurt, Germany and then four more hours onto Tel Aviv, Israel. We will then hit the ground running once we get to Bethlehem and then we will sleep about 9 hrs after arriving in Israel. Wowsa. Like I said, hoping I can sleep soon. 

 

Part 2 

Security out of Israel took a very long time and it was nice to see that they take it so seriously. The four hour plane ride was uneventful and I was able to catch up on some Bible readings and “homework” for the trip that I hadn’t gotten done. 


Come Holy Spirit, Come. I am ready to experience Israel and walk where Jesus walked. Lord we ask you to calm the country of Israel and we pray for all uncertainty and unrest. We see you. We hear you. We want to know you. 


Pics from taking off today. 


As I finish typing we are about to land I. Israel!






No comments: