Friday, July 11, 2008

Apples to Apples......dust to dust

Christine....where are you? It is apple picking time! We sure miss you guys! I know you would LOVE to make some applesauce!

Oh my....Barry's parents' Lodi apple tree is ready for the pickin'! The apples make a tart applesauce. We picked four 5 gallon buckets heaping full and we didn't even make a dent in the tree. I think this is the biggest crop ever. We could pick 4 buckets every day and it would still take forever to empty it!


One batch of applesauce is cooking up now. I really hate to peel apples and it is hard to find time in this house to just peel and stir for hours, but I will figure it out. Barry helped some before work.


Barry's parents left today with his sister, Angi and hubby Brad, Faith and Nolan for Germany. They will be back next Saturday. We hope they have a fun and safe trip. Apples will still be here for her to make applesauce when they get back!

No comments: