Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Hannah Montana Rule


It is no secret that we deal with the fact of Anna sucking her fingers. We were doing sooo well. She had only been sucking her fingers mostly at night and occasionally during the day. While on vacation, she sucked on them a little bit more for comfort. That is understandable. After vacation I found the hernia on the right side and since I knew she was having surgery, I kind of let it go a little bit. What was the point? I can't expect her not to suck her fingers after surgery. Well, no more surgery now, right? Hmmmm..


A long time ago Anna started really liking Hannah Montana. I told her IF and WHEN she stopped sucking her fingers for 2 weeks or 14 sleeps that we could go pick out some Hannah stuff at the store. So, as we were shopping, I would play it up that she couldn't get any Hannah stuff until she stops sucking her fingers. It didn't seem to work. Walmart had a huge thing on clearance with tons Hannah stuff, so I brought it home and Logan and I really played that up. Well, it is still sitting in the garage on the freezer.


Get this...last night I asked Anna what she wanted to do today. She said "GO SHOPPING AND LOOK AT HANNAH STUFF AND NOT BE ABLE TO BUY IT!" I cracked up. She cracked up and off she went to go to sleep with her fingers in her mouth.
So, today at Target she said..."I can have Miley Cyrus stuff. She is not Hannah Montana". Smart girl, but she still didn't get anything remotely related to Hannah Montana.
I am giving her 3 days (since she had surgery 1 week ago and we visit the dr. for a possible infection tomorrow) and then I declare war. Any ideas?


3 comments:

The Wrights said...

We bought some of the fingernail biting polish...Myah was chewing on her fingers when nervous or talking to people, not sucking, but it worked...

Shannon and Boyd Bringolf said...

I hate to say it, but the stuff we bought fo the dog is a huge deterrant! LOL I got some on my hand when I was spraying some bushes. Washed my hands and it was still there and I have to say it is very bitter like the bitterest part of a grapefruit..

Shannon

Michelle Miller said...

No good ideas from me, but if you find something that works, let me know because Carly is still sucking those fingers, too. I don't have the heart to make her stop -- she really only does it when she's ready to sleep and it is more just resting the fingers in her mouth than it is actual sucking. :o) I feel your pain! Loved the story about shopping for Hannah Montana stuff she can't buy! Crack me up.