Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dedicated to Erin


A family from our travel group has a 13 year old daughter that holds a special place in my heart. Erin is mentally and physically impaired. Shortly after she was born she developed cancer and survived that. She has had seizures all of her life, too. Currently she is in Milwaukee having brain surgery. She had one surgery on Monday to do a mapping/grid system to determine where these big and bad seizures are occurring. The area was located and another surgery was performed yesterday. The surgeons felt confident that the two portions of the brain that are causing the problem could be removed. In a few months it is the hope and prayer that the surgery was successful and that Erin's quality of life will be improved. She is a fighter. Erin is blessed with wonderful parents who have done everything they can for her. Please keep Erin and her parents Janis and Ed in your prayers. Also, Nathan, her 17 year old brother and Maya, age 4.

I am adding a picture that I took of the family when we met them on vacation a couple of years ago.

Also....I remembered this video this week of this disabled man who had an amazing father. I thought I would add this in honor of Erin and her family this week. When I was in college, I worked for many disabled young men and one man, Phil, reminded me of this young man in the video. I miss my work with the severely impaired population. After Anna goes to kindergarten, I am hoping to do more again.

This video is am amazing testimony of a parent's love for their child and that we will move mountains for our children.

No comments: