Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Eventful Day

What a day! The day started off too early at 5:30 with Barry getting up to go to Chicago for meetings today. The good part was that on the kitchen table for me were cards and flowers for my birthday from Barry and the kids. I am 37...no big deal. Just another day in the calendar.

I had to move my van at 6:00 am to get ready for the driveway people to come by 7:00 am. Then I noticed the back tire was almost flat. The other day I had to fill it with air and today it was pretty bad! Luckily Barry rode with someone today and I could have his car. Mom helped get me to and from the tire place. THANKS, MOM!

My neighbor called and said that apparently there is a gas leak in our cul de sac by their house. I thought maybe our driveway work was causing issues, but the Power Company said NO...it was been there for 5 years! NICE. So, the power company has been outside 2 times today and are doing something out there now. The leak has to be worse than 15% for anyone to care. Never mind the fact that we have children who are constantly playing outside.

The boys must not have gotten the "BE GOOD ON MOM'S BIRTHDAY" memo and have been extra rotten to each other today.

Driveway....it rained some and little progress was done today. Plus, I think a snag has been hit or something. I really think we might sink through the earth soon with the driveway. Major issues and for the high price it is costing to fix this, let's just hope this works!

Anna's little friend, Kailee, just called to sing happy birthday to me. She is so cute.

So, that is just about it in a nutshell...an eventful day. Tomorrow seems to be a calm day in the calendar!
JEN

1 comment:

Nicki said...

We had to come check out what the noise was in the cul de sac today and we were excited to see that your driveway is finally getting fixed!

Good thing we were lazy and drove that way instead of walking so we didn't DIE from the gas leak!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!